Welcome to the first ever episode of the Living Better Podcast!
It’s a weekly podcast that will share stories, tips, and strategies to help you lose weight, get stronger, and feel amazing.
Tina and I put this together to help answer your most important questions, and share some fun stories that will help you along your fitness journey.
It’s our experiment in radio. Please give us feedback about what you like/don’t like, and what you’d want to see for future episodes.
In this first episode, we hear the story of how Coach Tina struggled with her weight after giving birth to our daughter. You’ll also hear how she lost 20+ lbs and what she did to lose the weight and get her fitness life on track.
Tina has been called “the enforcer” among the coaches and members, but she’s not always been so fit. Before she started taking CrossFit seriously, she was downing mochas and eating croissants every morning and hiding from the scale…until a wake up call from her doctor.
Listen to hear the story of her initial struggle, what she did to get past it, and how she ended up in better shape 12 months post-partum than she was before pregnancy.
In this episode, you will learn
- How the best laid plans for post pregnancy fitness went out the window
- The common excuses you are using to justify your sugary snacks and crappy eating
- How Tina’s wake up call finally forced her to change
- How it felt when she finally went to the gym
- The nutrition plan Tina used to drop 15 lbs in 30 days, and how you can use it to reach your own goals.
- What it’s like to feel lost in a class, even when you feel like you’re ‘supposed’ to know what’s going on
- The tips she learned that you can use to start or enhance your own journey
Links and Resources for this episode
- The No Excuses challenge – Nutrition/lifestyle challenge. Essentially what Tina did to start
- CrossFit Thames – Our London gym
- 12 days of CrossFit – our yearly event with 12 workouts in 12 days
- Whole 30 – a free resource to try a 30 day challenge
- MissFit – Women’s fitness at CrossFit Hale. A great way for new mothers to start without weights or complicated movements.
Thanks for Listening
Thank you so much for checking out our podcast! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Thanks to Tina for sharing her story…Until next time!
Click here to read a transcript of the podcast.
Workout of the Day
Want get your nutrition back on track? The No Excuses challenge starts Saturday! Click here to find out more.
Clapping hand release push ups
Workout of the Day:
Every min on the min for 20 mins
2 rope climbs odd min
10 hand release clapping push ups even minute
Clapping push ups mean that you’ll be exploding up on each rep and releasing the hands at the bottom of each rep.
Scale this to hand release push ups as needed